Tuesday, November 11, 2008

October 23, 2008

My first day of teaching started at 8 a.m. and went until 3:10 with a lunch break from noon - 1:30 p.m. I had 3 classes of about 60 students in each class on Friday. I found out a lot of very interesting aspects of my class on that first day.

The first was the view was absolutely beautiful! The campus is surrounded by mountains. I have one wall that has huge windows that you can see the library and it has a large clock tower. This tower is rather a central point for the entire campus.

The students had to fill out some forms as part of their registration for the class. Then, I found out that the students always place on the roster and all of their papers, 3 items of identification. These items included their Chinese name, which is their given name, their English name, which is selected by their parent(s) or themself and their college ID#.

I found several of their English names to be very interesting!

There are four universities here along with Wenzhou Medical University. I have been told that students come here from all of the world to study medicine.

That evening, one of my class translators invited my family into the city of Wenzhou. She has a car and she treated us to dinner at a very nice restaurant!

No comments: