Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 5:00 a.m.

The alarm went off on Monday, October 20, 2008 way too early! It seemed that I had just gone to bed and then, it was time to begin the journey with the final destination to be CHINA! I was a little tired, but the excitement in the air overcame any feelings of fatigue that I had.

I will be teaching five classes of organizational behavior with about 60 students in each class. We will meet twice a week for 10 weeks at Wenzhou University in Wenzhou, China. Wenzhou is pronounced: Win-Joe. I was very fortunate to receive an offer that also allowed provisions and housing for my family to go as well.

We had gone through a long process to receive our China Visas. I received an F visa because I am working in China, but was contracted by an American university. The rest of my family received an L visa for tourists. All of our visas are with multiple entries.

I can remain in China as long as my work contract allows within certain limits. But my family's visas have a 60 day limit. My contract will keep me here for about 72 days, so we will need to leave the country and then return during my work period. Once we return their 60 days begins again. So we will only need to leave once.

We were told a visit to Hong Kong would be sufficient and counted as leaving the country.

So here are some pictures and videos of the first day starting with our leaving from AGS airport, Augusta, Georgia!

No comments: